The MMSOR is back from its business trip, ready to waste some more time!! Also, this column has been moved this week to Tuesday in respect of Veterans’ Day.
- Use your power of vocabulary for something good. Take this quiz, pick the right definition, and for each word you get right, 10 grains of rice will be donated to the UN to end world hunger. As if the magnanimity of helping out your fellow man weren’t enough, you can also improve your personal lexicon. FreeRice.
More after the jump…
- I’m not going to lie. I had to scroll down quite far before I even recognized some of these. But I totally agree about Barney. That show was AWFUL. The 25 Worst TV Shows Ever by the Chicago Tribune.
- By now, the contest is probably over. However, I will most likely still be obsessing about it. Every Friday, Mental Floss has a Weekend Genius Challenge. This week’s challenge is to use word clues to figure out the name of a country. For instance “Where criminals head?” is “Congo”. I can’t figure out number 7 for the life of me. “Where to find Duke-NJ”? Someone tell me the answer, and then be sure to enter the next contest on Friday.
- You wake up in a strange room, with no idea how you got there. You look around the room and only find a few items. Use these items to unlock the door and get out. Sounds easy? Make the wrong move and you’ll be in a million bits all over the wall. This game is refreshing in its simple design, but entertaining in the complexity of its puzzles. Muselock.
- OH MY GOD. Seriously, I know guys who would shop here. That doesn’t stop me from laughing at them. International Male Catalog.